Tortus Mountain selects 5 CBD products for golfers
Monday, July 1, 2019
David Novak, The Gadget Guy
The World Anti-Doping Agency opened the door to CBD use in sports in 2018 when it removed the naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis from its list of prohibited substances.
Since then several golfers, including Bubba Watson, Charley Hoffman, Lucas Glover, and Scott Piercy have endorsed CBD products. Watson has attributed CBD to relieving inflammation in his body and improving his sleep quality.
Suddenly, the pro sports world seems to be gaga over CBD. Aurora Cannabis signed a multi-year, multi-million-dollar partnership with the UFC. Canopy Growth teamed up with the NHL Alumni Association for a cannabis research trial. NFL alum Ricky Williams launched a CBD product line. And Lamar Odom, the former NBA star and ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian, has his own brand of CBD products.
There are lots of brazen claims and fake products out there so we decided to consult with one of the only consumer-based review websites for hemp products, Tortus Mountain, to select 5 CBD products for golfers. Below are their recommendations.
1. Evo Hemp - HempX CBD Extract: This is a good foundational CBD product to take daily. It is made with organic ingredients, has no added flavorings, and is available in tinctures and gel caps. The HempX CBD Extract may help you relax in social situations, stay focused on complex tasks and restore balance in your body. A piece of every HempX purchase goes towards building a sustainable hemp industry on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, the poorest community in the U.S.A. $20. evohemp.com
2. SteepFuze - Coffee: SteepFuze is a gourmet small-batch infused coffee and tea company. They partner with specialty local coffee roasters and tea importers to craft whole bean coffees and loose leaf teas infused with full-spectrum CBD extract derived from Certified Organic hemp grown outdoors in Colorado. The addition of CBD can ease many of coffee’s commonly experienced side effects, and coffees and teas are perhaps the most approachable and simple way to try hemp and CBD products in this rapidly emerging health and wellness category. $49. steepfuze.com
3. Pure Kind Botanicals - Menstrual Relief: This signature full-spectrum CBD hemp extract infused with organic and wildcrafted botanicals relieves common menstrual pain and discomfort. It can be used for symptoms associated with endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids, etc.$25.purekindbotanicals.com
4. Evolved Alchemy - Hemp Synergy Blends: This company uses spagyric extraction to create a formula that keeps you charged and on your toes. Signature Blends are made with 100% organic or wildcrafted herbs. By combining some of the most powerful and traditionally used herbs with the spagyric process, Evolved Alchemy creates CBD products not found anywhere else. $38. evolvedalchemy.com
5. UnCanny Wellness - Barista Blend CBD Powder: The Barista Blend contains a signature high-bioavailability, water-soluble CBD powder. It’s designed to easily infuse into your morning coffee or afternoon latte. This unique micro-encapsulated hemp extract powder has up to 10x better absorption in the stomach than oil-based extracts and really is the best choice for infusing any of your favorite drinks and foods. $30. uncannywellness.com
|Now you know|
|Be the first to know about the latest gadgets and gizmos from tech journalist, David Novak, aka The Gadget Guy. In addition to this column for HSPAInfo.Net, David is a TV Personality for IndyStyle TV, as well as editor of the GadgetGram website and columnist for GQ, T3 Magazine, USA Today, South Carolina Living Magazine and Kentucky Living Magazine. There is no charge for these columns.|